Baricon NN Oil Company limited is an independent global exploration and production company. Each of the Company’s three reportable operating segments is organized based upon both geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers. The three segments are:
Africa Exploration and Production (E&P) – explores for, produces and markets crude oil and condensate, natural gas liquids (NGLs) and natural gas in Africa.
International E&P – explores for, produces and markets crude oil and condensate, NGLs and natural gas outside Africa and produces and markets products manufactured from natural gas, such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and methanol globally
Oil Sands Mining – mines, extracts and transports bitumen from oil sands deposits in worldwide, and upgrades the bitumen to produce and market synthetic crude oil and vacuum gas oil
To be the preferred choice that delivers quality services and products.
We strive to continuously enhance customer and shareholder value through sound growth strategies, innovative and convenient products and services and superior customer experiences which are founded on a strong HSSE culture.
- Health and Safety: We conduct our business with a high regard for the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the communities in which we work.
- Environmental Stewards: We responsibly grow and improve our business by effectively applying leading technologies, training and processes to minimize our environmental impact.
- Open and Honest: We hold ourselves to a high standard of business ethics and integrity and communicate openly and transparently in our operations.
- Community Partners: We build stronger communities by developing relationships with our stakeholders and by investing our time, talent and resources.
- Results Focused: We are passionate in what we do and achieve results through an inclusive, diverse and collaborative team culture that allows people to reach their full potential, helping create shareholder value. Spirit; Culture of learning; Perseverance; Excellence. We are dedicated to upholding high ethical standards and principles throughout our operations worldwide, both in letter and in spirit. Our Code of Business Conduct is a product of our commitment to comply with the law and to conduct our business ethically while reinforcing our values of trust, respect, dignity and honesty, which form the foundation for good business decisions. In the ever-changing business environment in which we operate, it is important to us that our employees, suppliers and stakeholders understand our position regarding ethical business conduct.
We recognize that the ability to do business in any community is a privilege. High standards of health, environmental, safety, security and social responsibility performance underpin our culture of continuous improvement.
The Health, Environmental, Safety and Corporate Responsibility Committee (HES&CR) of our Board of Directors has oversight responsibility for Baricon NN Oil Company Limited, health, environment, safety and security (HES&S) and social responsibility performance.
The HES&S Leadership Committee includes HES&S managers from business units and the corporate HES&S group. Responsibilities of the Leadership Committee are to:
- Provide guidance and direction on HES&S and Social issues and initiatives
- Develop appropriate HES&S and Social metrics to ensure continuous improvement
- Develop audit plans and share audit results across organizations
- Identify best practices and establish teams to develop and implement them across Baricon NN Oil Company Limited
- Oversee development of HES&S and Social standards
- Managers at all levels communicate our commitment that everyone working with us goes home safely.
We have a longstanding commitment to environmental stewardship. To produce energy responsibly, while expanding our operations to meet growing global demand for energy, we will continue our efforts to understand and actively manage our environmental risks. These efforts include using natural resources efficiently and eliminating or minimizing potential impacts to land, water, air and wildlife.
Our Management System provides a structured approach to managing health, environment, safety and security (HES&S) risks. Under this management system, we implement our overarching Company values through policies and standards that clearly articulate and communicate our commitment to environmental stewardship and continuous improvement. Each asset then systematically analyzes its specific environmental risks, determines the need for controls, and establishes performance objectives, supporting action plans, and management programs to mitigate those risks.
AIR EMISSIONS MANAGEMENT
We recognize the global concern about the potential impact of Green House Gas (GHG) and other air emissions on the environment. We also recognize the need to develop natural resources to meet growing global energy demand. The Company remains committed to developing and producing oil and natural gas in a safe and responsible manner, including appropriate controls on GHG and other air emissions.
We also strive to reduce the emissions intensity and increase the energy efficiency of our operations. Consistent with our commitment to environmental stewardship, we will continue to evaluate and implement air emissions reduction strategies and technologies for our operations while continuing to grow the Company.
We understands and appreciates the importance of biodiversity, and we continuously evaluate potential habitat management projects. We support numerous conservation projects associated with global operations.
We work closely with national, regional and local governments to ensure compliance with applicable laws that protect wildlife. This includes conducting endangered species assessments as part of environmental reviews for various permits, as well as changing or delaying operations as necessary to protect threatened or endangered species or their critical habitats
Preventing releases of oil and gas to the environment is of the utmost importance. While Baricon NN Oil Company Limited’s focus is on preventing spills from occurring, we strive to prevent any incidents from impacting the environment. The company devotes significant resources to employee training, procedures, preventive maintenance, equipment inspections and mechanical safeguards to prevent spills and releases. We periodically update our storm water and spill prevention, control and countermeasure plans to ensure compliance and continuous improvement.
We evaluate the actual and potential spill severity to drive our investigation of spills and discharges and identify their causes. We take incident-specific actions and, if necessary, broad corrective actions including remediation.
Environmental impacts from generating, storing, transporting and disposing of solid waste generated in oil and gas operations should be minimized to a reasonable extent. Therefore, under our health, environment, safety and security (HES&S) management system, Baricon NN Oil Company Limited develop programs for waste minimization, recycling, reuse and reclamation based on specific needs. Individual operations monitor their waste disposal activities.
Consistent with this waste management philosophy, and as part of our commitment to continuous improvement, we have implemented additional waste management program requirements to:
- Encompass local conditions and operational needs.
- Comply with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Systematically identify, evaluate and implement waste minimization opportunities when practicable.
- We dispose waste responsibly.
- Select, evaluate and pre-approve waste management vendors based on HES&S programs and past performance.
- Improve tracking and reporting of waste data and waste management efforts to monitor our performance in achieving material reductions in the amount of waste generated from our assets.
We recognize that water is a valuable resource that we share with the communities where we live and operate. Our use of water is guided by the core water stewardship practices of responsible sourcing, conservation, reuse and disposal.
Sound water management practices are developed at the regional or local level, often in consultation with community stakeholders. As part of our management system, each employee conducts a water risk assessment to be responsive to local conditions and needs and minimize the environmental impact of our operations on local watersheds. Based on the results of these risk assessments, and in keeping with our commitment to water stewardship, we employ water management strategies and processes to:
- Encompass geographic diversity, local conditions, existing water usage, operational needs and availability, and other considerations.
- Evaluate various sources of water for our operations, implementing technological solutions to use alternatives to fresh water such as non-potable or recycled water when feasible.
- Apply industry best practices to protect ground and surface water wherever we operate and to comply with all applicable regulations.
- Proper disposal of produced water, including evaluating opportunities for recycling and beneficial reuse, such as treating higher quality produced water and returning it to the environment for beneficial uses such as livestock watering, irrigation, habitat creation and wildlife management.
Since inception, we have been recognized as an industry leader in developing and applying technology. We have a proud legacy of achievement, and continue to work on numerous technologies that illustrate the innovative spirit that exists in every successful company.
Our teams focus upon technologies with potential to differentiate and deliver increased value to the Exploration and Production business. We advance technologies with collaborative efforts that offer participants opportunities to develop ideas quickly, effectively and at lower cost. These development efforts are conducted with industry partners, ranging from individuals, universities, service providers, consortia and joint-industry projects; then we compete in how well we apply these efforts within our own businesses.